2020 will no doubt be a memorable year for everyone on the planet! The Covid-19 pandemic has touched us all, bringing enormous challenges for families, businesses, governments and institutions across the globe.
Accountants have had to deal with an array of challenges that have come thick and fast throughout the year, many going to extra-ordinary lengths to support their clients (and each other) through changing circumstances.
As a relatively young company with our HQ in Adelaide, South Australia, and team spread across Australia and abroad, we’ve felt many things this year. Lucky to be living in Australia, concerned by the impact on individual businesses and hard-working individuals hit hard by events outside of their control, and inspired by the way some have adapted – from working (and schooling) from home to creating completely new business models, and everything in between!
As the year is drawing to a close, we wanted to mark the occasion by creating a recap of our achievements – all in numbers (of course)!
Looking back on the year, there have been many highlights:
- Launching FYI in New Zealand at the beginning of 2020.
- Supporting our growing user base – more than 340 practices and almost 5,000 active users and counting – during a year of rapid change with many transitioning to working from home and becoming ever-more reliant on cloud-based document management.
- Helping practices automate repetitive processes, so they can work efficiently and manage the huge influx of work required.
- Seeing the FYI platform grow in depth and breadth, with our engineering team releasing new features and enhancements at a cracking pace throughout the year.
- New integrations with partners such as The Gap, Annature, FuseDocs and FuseSign.
- Working with Xero’s Partner Consulting team and being part of Xero Roadshow and Xero Refresh, joining the discussion around best-of-breed practice apps for Xero Practice Tools.
- Welcoming new implementation partners across Australia, New Zealand and the UK – including Clarity Street, FGS Advisory, App Advisor and Jeremy Hyman Associates
- Growing our FYI team across engineering, support and client success – all driven to create and support a world-class product that’s the leading cloud document management and automation engine for accountants, globally.
On behalf of the FYI Team, I’d like to thank every single one of our users, app partners, implementation partners and industry colleagues for being part of our journey this year. If FYI has played even a small part in making your work life easier under such trying circumstances, we are happy.
We are now all super-keen to put this year to bed and have a well-earned break before we re-focus on the new year. We’re genuinely excited about what 2021 will bring!
If you haven’t already, we’d love you to join our FYI User Community on Facebook. It’s a forum for FYI users to discuss best practice, share insights and ask questions to ensure your practice is getting the most out of FYI.