DISCOVER WHAT’S NEW
New integration with digital signing solution FuseSign
FYI now integrates seamlessly with FuseSign, a digital signing solution built by accountants, for accountants – just like FYI!
FuseSign provides greater control over who signs, views or has limited access to each document, making it fantastic for handling a whole family group in one bundle.
Clients receive just one link, don’t need to remember username and passwords, and can access from any device.
Introducing our new ‘kanban’ style Jobs Board
We are very excited to announce a new ‘kanban’ style board for your Jobs Lists in FYI, making it super-easy to visualise work, update job states and see where bottlenecks might be arising across the practice.
- A more visual way to view your work – alternative to the standard Jobs List view.
- ‘Drag and drop’ between job states to easily maintain an up to date Jobs List
- View the total count of Jobs at each state to identify any bottlenecks across the practice
- Applies to lists of My Jobs, Client Jobs and Practice Jobs.
- Filter to display Jobs by Partner or Manager.
- Customise the Job Board for your practice – select which Job States to include and the order in which they are displayed.
Take the pain out of time recording
Our new timesheet feature allows you to automatically record XPM time, within FYI.
- Select any document in FYI to open the drawer and create a timesheet record
- Relevant information will be pre-populated – making the process quick and easy
- View total hours recorded on any individual day or access more detail, as required
- View ‘My Recent Documents’ for a handy record of recent emails, documents and client interactions
- Select one and record your time – It’s that easy
We estimate that this exciting new feature will deliver a time saving of 15 minutes or more per user, per day!
Collaborate with your team on email drafts
With these new improvements, you can easily collaborate with your team on email drafts prior to sending them.
- Draft emails can be reviewed, edited and approved by another user before sending
- Drafts can be sent to an ‘FYI – Drafts’ folder in Outlook – to access additional functionality like ‘flagging’ or ‘marking as read’
- This improvement makes it easy for teams to work together
- Ensures only the best quality emails are sent to clients
Find what you need in a flash with our powerful search and retrieval
Finding emails and documents has never been easier with these improvements.
- Full text search on emails – simply turn on ‘search email contents’ and any text you type into the search field will search for that word in both emails and documents stored in FYI
- New document views – simply click the view drop-down menu when searching and pick your favourite view
- Select from our best-practice defaults or create your own custom views
- Locate and link documents within Excel, using the FYI drawer
- Makes the process of attaching supporting workpapers to a spreadsheet super simple
Multi-tasking is a synch with new dedicated workspaces for each client
Seamlessly traverse from group to client, to job, and then back again, to assist with the constant switching in contexts required throughout your day.
- Ensures the info you need is always easily accessible
- Provides additional insights across the client group
- Makes multi-tasking a breeze
New Integrations with BGL and NowInfinity mean even more productivity
Expand the range of processes you automate practice-wide, with our growing list of industry-leading partner app integrations.
- New integrations with BGL and NowInfinity
- Facilitate automatic daily import and filing of new documents within your client files in FYI
- Your FYI administer can activate your connection to these apps – and configure the settings for your practice
Easily keep tabs on annual reviews with our new corporate affairs tab
The new dedicated tab for corporate affairs within the client workspace means you can get a snapshot of the lodgement status of ASIC annual reviews, with a single click.
- New dedicated tab for corporate affairs in the client workspace
- Easily assess if annual review fees have been signed or paid
- Access to specific documents within BGL or NowInfinity.
Make your email and document templates even more personal with these new merge fields
Auto-create documents with an increasing range of merge fields, including letters and emails.
- Author Role – assign to any user and add the merge code to your templates so that titles such as Director, Partner or Accountant can be added to sign-off emails and documents
- Reference Number – any inbound or outbound email can be allocated a unique reference number for tracking purposes
- Custom Fields – if you have custom fields set up in Xero Practice Manager, you can use them as merge fields in your email and document templates in FYI
Keep everything in place with new knowledge cabinets
Boost productivity and consistency by storing practice templates and other non-client documents such as policies and procedures in knowledge cabinets, easily searched by your team.
- Provides view access
- Enables creation of document and email templates
- Choose who has edit rights to documents to maintain quality
These new document automation features make team collaboration so easy
We’ve released some exciting new features designed to make team collaboration in your accounting practice even easier.
View Sent Documents
- Sent filter – displays the date and time documents were sent to or received from clients
- Acts as a mail register – records delivery method such as postal service, courier or email, and important details like reference ID
View documents as ‘read only’
- Open one or more documents as ‘read only’ without locking them from edit access by other users
- Select a document and click the read button in the tool bar
- Or use the preview tab in the drawer
- Staple documents together to create a record of them being sent together
- Or collate a group of documents for internal review
- ‘Stapled’ link in the FYI drawer opens a dynamic filter of the documents that have been stapled together
Share Your In Tray
- Delegate un-filed documents in your in tray to another user using the share tab in ’My Settings’
- Nominate someone else to check, file and/or delete documents in your in tray on your behalf
Take task management to the next level with these powerful upgrades
Your tasks can now be categorised to the job they relate to, which is great for those practices wanting to be job-centric.
- Use bulk updates to change the due date and/or status of multiple tasks in a list
- Customise your task lists by adding or removing columns
- Change which details display and save them as a custom view
Effortlessly track all your XPM jobs with our enhanced integration
Our new jobs list displays all the jobs synched with Xero Practice Manager, which means you can easily track progress at a group, client and job level.
- View the state of a job (as recorded in XPM)
- View estimated, actual and variance time allocations
- Maintain the XPM job status from within FYI
- Add commentary for your team, as required
Find information even faster with custom views and sticky views
Our new custom views allow administrators to save any preferred layout as a list, and then make it available for all users across the practice.
- Manipulate lists of documents, tasks and jobs
- Save any search criteria as well as column order and filters
- Activate sticky views to ensure that list views selected by users are applied by default across all lists in the session
- Makes accessing information even faster
Keep track of all your automated processes with new notifications
Easily track documents that have been imported, filed or changed in FYI with automation notifications.
- Get alerted when process automations have occurred
- Create comments that can be defined and triggered as part of the automated process
- One or many users can be set up to be notified
Efficiently manage all your jobs with our new job workspace
Navigating FYI is now even more intuitive with the addition of a new dedicated workspace for jobs.
- File your documents to an XPM job
- Makes search and retrieval of relevant information even faster
- Each job includes a summary of key data from XPM and a list of relevant documents and tasks
- Easily track the status of your jobs
Collaborate with your clients securely – even on the most sensitive documents
Rather than attaching sensitive documents to emails, you can now share information with your clients securely, via OneDrive.
- OneDrive access available with every Office 365 subscription
- Similar integration with other client-friendly platforms such as DropBox to come
Generate a seamless approval process with DocuSign
We’re thrilled to announce that FYI now integrates with the market-leading app DocuSign, making all your client approvals seamless.
- Documents signed by clients are automatically imported into FYI
- Updates the original with the signed copy and updates the workflow status
- Further integration with DocuSign and Adobe Sign on the way
Create complete client files with auto-import of tax returns
This new automation provides a complete picture of a client in a single, searchable view.
- Saves time by avoiding the need to manually open and locate returns within Xero Tax
- Auto-creates and maintains weblinks to Xero Tax Returns from your client file in FYI.
- Daily updates with Xero Tax to retrieve all newly issued returns
Instantly access your client ledger reports with our auto-import
FYI’s automation engine allows you to automatically import batches of reports from your client’s Xero Ledger, into FYI.
- Automatic naming and filing of trial balance, profit & loss, bank summary and balance sheet reports
- If the amounts in the ledger change, simply re-run the batch to create a new version of the reports in FYI.
- Set up to run on demand, so only run when a user requests it
Easily view all your client info with our new jobs and tax tabs
FYI is fast becoming a lens in which to view the entire client’s file. Our latest update delivers two new tabs in the client workspace.
- lists each of the jobs created in Xero Practice Manager for the client
- Includes info such job status and current WIP balance
- Dynamically populated – avoiding the need to open multiple systems to understand client position
- Lists each of the tax returns created for the client in Xero Tax
- Dynamically populated – avoiding need to open multiple systems to understand client position
Your team collaboration will be effortless with comments and notifications
These new tools make collaborating on complicated documents or challenging tasks, a breeze.
- Add comments to emails, documents and tasks
- Collaborate with your team – ask each other questions or give updates on individual progress
- Tracks the conversation and automatically records it on the client file
- Simply highlight the document or task in a list and click ‘comments’ on the side of the FYI Drawer to view comments
- Sends the delegator of a task an email notification when an assignee updates or completes a task
- Completed task notification includes the name of assignee who completed it
- These instant notifications will improve communication and reduce follow up