NEW FEATURES ROUND-UP: NOVEMBER 2019
It’s been a busy couple of months at FYI! We’ve been onboarding new practices every day, and our dev team continues to roll out new features and improvements to the platform at a cracking pace.
Read on to learn more about some of our latest time-saving features:
- Automatically record XPM time from the emails, documents and client interactions recorded in FYI
- Use the FYI Drawer from within Excel to cross link supporting source documents
- Powerful full text search on the contents of emails
- Move seamlessly between Groups, Clients and Jobs with the new Group workspace and navigation
- Build smart email signatures that can be leveraged across the practice
- Our exciting beta release, Custom Processes and an update on Tax Assessments!
Record XPM time without leaving FYI
Our new timesheet feature allows you to automatically record XPM time from within FYI. Timesheets are pre-populated, making it quick and easy to complete all your daily tasks without leaving FYI.
We estimate that this exciting new feature will deliver a time saving of 15 minutes or more per user each day!
Create timesheets from the FYI Drawer
Select any document in FYI to open the drawer and Create a Time Sheet record. Relevant information will be pre-populated to make the process quick and easy.
View time from your FYI Dashboard
View a total of hours recorded on any individual day or access more detail as required.
Take the pain out of time recording
View My Recent documents for a handy record of emails, client interactions and documents you’ve worked on in recent days. Select one and record your time. It’s that easy!
Improved Email Workflow and New Smart Signatures
We’ve fixed some issues regarding draft emails to allow teams to collaborate on emails prior to sending.
Draft emails created from FYI will now be available for editing and sending from a new, auto-created Outlook folder “FYI – Drafts” for each user.
This improvement makes it easy for teams to work together, ensuring only the best quality emails are sent to clients!
You can now create a single practice-wide email signature that, through the use of merge fields, can be applied to any users in your team!
Learn more about setting up your email stationery in our upcoming Masterclass on Optimising Stationery and Templates.
New features making search and retrieval more powerful
Full text search on emails
Search the body of emails from any FYI document list. Simply turn on Search Email Contents and now any text you type into the search field will search any word within the emails.
New document views
To speed up your searching further we’ve released a number of best-practice default views which teams can leverage from anywhere in FYI. Simply click the view drop-down when searching for documents and pick your favourite view. You can, of course, still create your own custom views.
Doclink from within Excel
Using the FYI drawer from within Excel, you can now utilise FYI’s powerful search and retrieval functionality to locate and link documents. This makes the process of attaching supporting workpapers to a spreadsheet quick and easy.
New workspace and views for Client Groups
Traverse seamlessly from Group to Client to Job and back again, to assist with the constant switching in context required throughout your day. This ensures the info you need is always easily accessible and provides additional insights across the Client group.
Custom Processes now in beta & Tax Assessments coming soon...
Custom processes will allow you to develop bespoke automated workflows unique to your practice. Some examples, might include:
- Setting-up processes to automatically create emails, documents, or tasks (or a combination of all three) on certain dates or triggers.
- Automate recurring tasks
- Automate bulk email processes
These examples are really just the beginning of what is possible!
- Our friends at Xero Tax have been busy finalising their Tax Assessment service which is a precursor to FYI Tax Assessments.
- This has been released early to FYI clients to lay down the framework and as a bonus for being part of the FYI Community
- We expect to release a beta version of our Tax Assessment Automation within the next 3 weeks