Accounting Practice Specialists
FULL TIME – AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALAND
We’re looking for accountants and practice managers with a passion for technology.
Are you working in an accounting practice, love tech and looking for a new challenge? Come join the FYI team and play an important role in our global mission to re-engineer the accounting profession.
We’re looking for experts in accounting practice operations, particularly those with strong ideas about how they can be improved.
Previous SaaS/Product Development experience is not essential – what we’re looking for is your experience in practice, passion for process and productivity, and knowledge of what makes a successful accounting practice tick. Comprehensive in-the-job training in software development will be provided – consider this as an opportunity to do the equivalent of an MBA specialising in technology!
FYI is a cloud document management and automation engine for accountants in practice. Designed and built by accountants, t’s a way of re-engineering email and management and document management, and automating processes to save time on repetitive tasks, improve accuracy and boost productivity. Our clients are senior partners, practice managers, accountants and administrators in busy accounting firms. Since launching towards the end of 2018, we’ve gained more than 9,000 users from firms of all sizes. We’re onboarding practices every week, and our team is growing and conquering new challenges every day. With headquarters in Adelaide, we are rapidly growing across Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
About the Team:
The Product Management Team at FYI is responsible for conceptualizing, overseeing and delivering new and enhanced platform features. Our Product Management team understands how busy accounting practices work and finds ways to delight accountants with new and enhanced product features. We work with engineering, client success and business development teams to define and shape products that will change the accounting profession globally.
You will be in a strategic role in a rapidly scaling, market-leading company with a mission to change the profession globally. Reporting to our Product Manager, you will work closely with our Engineering, Quality Assurance and Content teams during the product development lifecycle – from concept through to successful release. The process will include understanding the needs and pain points of our users, their practice, and the accounting community, as well as prioritising these requirements and finding solutions. Your experience and ideas from practice will help guide and refine product development, and contribute to the strategic direction of FYI
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and research ways to further improve and develop our software, and take the lead in presenting these to the team
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback to stakeholders on all projects, even those you do not lead.
- Be an active participant in concept workshops to discuss the best outcome for users
- Create and maintain internal feature briefs, demo videos and other documentation necessary for existing features and new releases.
- Work with the wider FYI team to launch new features
- Continually evaluate existing processes and make recommendations to drive improvement across the team.
- Build relationships with our existing and new Integration Partners, acting as their primary contact
This role will allow you to build your expertise in:
- Best-practice cloud document management, task management and process automation for accounting practices. Full training in the FYI platform and mentoring from senior staff will be provided.
- Modern tools and tech
- We will provide comprehensive in-the-job training in software development methodologies and how SaaS (Software as a Service) businesses operate.
Key challenges you will be helping us address:
- The development of new features and enhancements to strengthen the FYI platform and reduce the time accountants spend gathering, filing and sharing information, managing workloads, collaborating with clients, reviewing and approving work, compiling reports and general admin.
- Continual improvement of our internal processes and documentation for product features.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Have 5+ years in a senior role in an accounting practice
- Are inquisitive and not scared to get your hands on the tools when it comes to testing, exploring and learning new tech
- Would thrive in a collaborative team environment focused on client success
- Can work autonomously on your projects to meet agreed deadlines and milestones.
- Have strong communication skills
- Can provide well-written feature briefs and concise, accurate documentation that can be used by multiple stakeholders.
- Can pivot, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Although not mandatory, it is a big plus if you have….
- Experience working in software, ideally for an accounting app vendor
- Experience using FYI in an accounting practice
- An understanding of other document management and practice management software used in accounting practices
Benefits and Perks:
- Work from our office in Adelaide or remotely
- Opportunities for career progression
- Competitive salary to match experience
- Professional, dynamic, customer driven company
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us how you have championed technology in your current practice, and why you are suitable for this role.
Note – Candidates with less experience will be considered for appropriate roles.