CLIENT SUCCESS TEAM
Technical Content Writer
FULL TIME/PART TIME – REMOTE
We’re looking for a prolific and talented technical content creator to deliver great content as part of the FYI customer experience.
Your role will involve understanding the FYI platform and articulating features, benefits and processes in a clear, concise and illustrated manner. This requires a high level of creativity and attention to detail. You must be able to distil complex information into clear, concise text, have a knack and love for writing, and a comprehensive understanding of technical products.
Are you an experienced technical writer who wants to work on an exciting new SaaS product that is re-engineering the way accountants in practice work? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
FYI is a cloud document management and automation engine for accountants in practice. Designed and built by accountants, t’s a way of re-engineering email and management and document management, and automating processes to save time on repetitive tasks, improve accuracy and boost productivity. Our clients are senior partners, practice managers, accountants and administrators in busy accounting firms. Since launching at the end of 2018, we’ve gained more than 12,000 users from firms of all sizes. We’re onboarding practices every week, and our team is growing and conquering new challenges every day. With headquarters in Adelaide, we are rapidly growing across Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
About the Team:
Our Client Success team is the face of the FYI platform used by forward-thinking accounting practices. With responsibility across four areas – onboarding, training, support, and content – we aim to provide best-in-class onboarding services, technical support, and to create a range of useful content to assist FYI users. Client success is what gets us up in the morning! We empower accounting practices to use the FYI platform effectively to automate their processes, adopt best practices and shave minutes off daily tasks.
You will be in a strategic role in a rapidly scaling, market-leading company with a mission to change the profession globally. Reporting to our Head of Client Success, you will work closely with our Product, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Content teams during the product development lifecycle – from concept through to successful release. The process will include understanding the needs and pain points of our users, their practice, and the accounting community, as well as the benefits of the solutions we’ve developed.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers, business analysts and the client success team to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements.
- Determine the needs of end-users and work closely with the product and content teams to create content that makes FYI easier to use. This includes feature guides, FAQs, onboarding guides, help documentation, troubleshooting guides, training manuals, release notes and more!
- Audit and update the content regularly to ensure relevance with incremental product feature releases, customer use cases, support issues and other internal developments.
- Execute a content calendar by building and delivering on a roadmap to be approved by management.
- Work closely with outsourced creative teams as required to represent the content in the most cost-effective and suitable visual format.
- Develop style guides and suggest ways to further improve the quality of documentation.
This role will allow you to build your expertise in:
- Best-practice cloud document management, task management and process automation for accounting practices. Full training in the FYI platform and mentoring from senior staff will be provided.
- Modern tools and tech
- We will provide comprehensive on-the-job training in software development methodologies and how SaaS (Software as a Service) businesses operate.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Have a degree in English, Communications or Journalism or equivalent practical experience in technical writing, preferably in a software development environment.
- Have a proven track record creating instructional and/or learning content in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Can quickly understand and communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, without relying on jargon.
- Know how to explain complex features with as few words as possible, and how to communicate value in a compelling, clear and effective way.
- Have relevant experience researching and writing documentation for developers (API’s, web technologies).
- Are a considered and resourceful project manager, able to manage multiple competing priorities in an environment of constant change.
- Are passionate about helping developers do amazing things and have a strong sense of ownership of the end result for our clients.
- Are highly motivated with a personal interest in technology, technical writing and user content.
Although not mandatory, it is a big plus if you have….
- A knack for engaging with audiences and creating a unique tone of voice.
- Experience working with content management systems, knowledge base / help desk tools such as Zendesk and graphics production software.
- Experience creating templates and content creation processes that deliver consistency across documentation structure, presentation, illustration and tone of voice.
- Can develop feature walkthrough videos and other engaging content to impart product knowledge to various stakeholders.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary to match experience
- Work remotely
- Highly collaborative team
- Opportunities for career progression
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com telling us about your experience in Technical Writing, and why you are suitable for this role.
Note – Candidates with less experience will be considered for appropriate roles.